Film Review: LOGAN (*Spoiler Free)

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


The “Wolverine” does not need to be wearing his superhero-leather/spandex-suit to be a "hero”, and in LOGAN he is a hero plenty, even if he denies it himself.

THIS is the berserker-Wolverine we should have had 17 years ago, fueled with animal rage and a bloodied tally without mercy and guilt-free consequence.

As “James Howlett”, the “human” overcomes the “mutant”, and let everyone around him fear his rage and sincerity. And “Charles Xavier” (which until even today, I wonder why everyone deems to call him “Ex-Xavier”?) wields the acting chops - unseen in all previous X-Men movies - and is an utter force of emotion and depth.

LOGAN is a “X-Men”-lore, but it is also a damn finely acted ensemble piece, at the very least between Hugh Jackson and Patrick Stewart.

Be Warned: This is NOT a “Happy Joy Joy”-film at all, and you might walk out of the cinema with nary a dry eye. I left heartbroken, myself...

Brutal. Emotional. Bloody Good. Bloody Awesome, in fact!

A very easy 4 x Boxes of Popcorn over 5 full boxes, and I am utterly glad I stuck to my guns to watch this today. You have absolutely no reason NOT to watch this film.

Cheers
Andy

ASIDE:
As the credits rolled til the very end, and the cinema hall lights came on, I overhead a couple behind me having a disagreement, with the lady friend walking away exclaiming; ”I told you no end credits, right???!!!” - So yes, to avoid any unpleasant viewing experience if you have not watched LOGAN as yet - NO, there is NO END CREDIT Scene, thank you.

Popular Posts