Theme Song for "Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary" from Yoshiki


Toei Animation teams up with Japanese Pop Star Yoshiki (leader of the band X Japan), to pen and perform the film’s worldwide theme song to "Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary" animated movie, ahead of the film’s June 21 release in Japan. Check out the video above which also features scenes from the film.
"I feel greatly honored to write the theme song for SAINT SEIYA. I truly believe I have created a touching song with a beautiful melody using a hero as the motif. I very happily accepted this offer since I of course knew SAINT SEIYA and I am a great fan of anime. I saw the manga a long time ago. Before writing the song I had the chance to see the new movie, which feels like it was created at a magnificent scale. I actually faced a big struggle with matching my music with the movie. The result is a sort of ballad, rather than a loud piece. I think the song suits the magnificent scale sensitivity of SAINT SEIYA." -says Yoshiki.
(Cheers for the headsup David).

"Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary (聖闘士星矢 Legend of Sanctuary?), is an upcoming 2014 Japanese 3D CG animated film directed by Keiichi Sato and written by Tomohiro Suzuki. It is the 6th film based on the series. It is scheduled for release in Japan on June 21, 2014. It will star Kaito Ishikawa, Ayaka Sasaki, Kenshō Ono, Kenji Akabane, Nobuhiko Okamoto and Kenji Nojima as the leading roles. The plot focuses on five young warriors known as Saints that have the mission of protecting Saori Kido, the reincarnation of the goddess Athena." (Wiki

Popular Posts